Signing up for Virbela
Virbela is available on mac, windows, rift and vive.
First, you will want to create your account and then download the program onto your computer by going to their registration page. For Rift and Vive, it should be pretty straightforward in their interface.
- You will need to verify your email address
- Create an avatar
- Log into their “open campus”
Once logged in and in the Virbela open campus area, walk around with your arrow keys and then click the Go To menu on top left of the screen. Our program will be in the Conference Hall, so you will need to click that option to join us.
- PC or Mac, Windows 7 SP1+ or newerMac OS X 10.11 or newer
- Headphones and a microphone
- Power cord plugged in for extended use
Entering the Virtual Venue – Conference Hall
- Log into Virbela
- Click Go To menu on top left of your screen
- Select Campus Locations
- Select Conference Hall
VRAR Chicago Virtual Environment Code of Conduct
Open microphones and/or not using headphones can create an echo effect that can negatively affect others’ experiences
- Please use headphones if you can.
- Keep your microphone on push-to-talk (using the number 1 key)
- Act as if this is a space that you are in physically!
- For the Questions and Answers portion
- Click “Raise Hand” on bottom of your screen
- Wait to be called on
- Ask your question
- Press the 1 key and hold it to open your mic
- Ask your question and wait a moment
- Release the 1 key
- Press and hold the 1 button to open your microphone to speak
- Pressing the spacebar unlocks your view or “head” to look around
- You can click someone’s name and click Go To and automatically walk to them
- Your Go To menu lets you raise your hand, wave, or even dance!
- Click the screen menu on top of your screen once in the Conference Hall to select your preferred ‘view’ to enjoy the program.
- You can toggle between these selections during the program